Saturday 21 May 2016

Painted Germans for PSC's 'The Great War'

Well, these have taken a lot longer than I anticipated. A simple spray, drybrush and wash I told myself. A simple plan that didn't survive the first brush stroke. Here they are, finished; infantry, MGs, mortars and artillery.

These figures felt like an experiment in drybrushes and washes. First a grey primer, then Vallejo black dip (mistake), then London grey wet rush, then nut brown ink wash (another mistake), then block painting of details, then highlight of London grey uniform again, then other detail highlights, then another wash on the flesh as there was not enough contrast...then basing.

Really pleased with the artillery, the pale grey shirts added some nice contrast. I lost a little enthusiasm for the infantry when it came to the detailing, but the basing brought the figures to life. It's the Partizan show tomorrow, so I'm going to get some movement trays for the infantry. Possibly looking at getting the tank expansion and possibly some command figures to make some HQ tokens for the game.

And let's not forget the Allied figures to do from the basic game.

 

4 comments:

  1. Great job on those. They look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Prufrock, let's hope the allies go as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, I particularly like the crew-based weapons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are my favourite too. I've got two more German guns from the expansion. I think I will have a go at the disruption style camo on them

    ReplyDelete