Wednesday 30 September 2015

Cobbled battlemat - on the cheap!

Whilst building and consolidating my figure collection for fantasy skirmish, I've been getting closer to being ready to play. I've got a fair few buildings to allow me to play a nice town scene. The only thing missing was a suitable cobbled surface to play on. After lots of research there are many fantastic cobbled battle mats available to buy; but all of them come at a price. Searching for an alternative, I came up with the following...

A grey throw with some light grey flex. At less than 10 pounds, including postage, it's a cost effective alternative. For me, the only restriction is the fact that the flex follows in a linear pattern of the weave. Hopefully when I have several buildings and other terrain items sitting on the cloth, it will break up the pattern. For now, as it's just out of the wrapper, I thought a quick piccie session using some tables and figures would give a suitable impression. Any thoughts, let me know in the comments section.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment